Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Obama Cruising for Votes?

cruising Informal
a. to go about on the streets or in public areas in search of a sexual partner.
b. to make sexual overtures to; attempt to arouse the sexual interest of.

According to Maureen Dowd he is, and as an Obama supporter she should know! Right?

Dowd has made it pretty clear that she does not like Sen. Clinton, but in a recent column she pointed out that Obama has learned a lot from the Senator from New York.

Without Hillary, he never would have learned to be a good debater.
But in the same column Dowd went on to say:

Hillary has clearly raised Obama’s consciousness about the importance of courting the ladies. Touring a manufacturing plant in Allentown, Pa., Tuesday, he was flirtatious, winking and grinning at the women working there, calling one “Sweetie,” telling another she was “beautiful,” and imitating his daughters’ dance moves by twirling around.

Later, at a Scranton town hall, he went up to Denise Mercuri, a pharmacist from Dunmore wearing a Hillary button. “What do I need to do? Do you want me on my knees?” he charmed, before promising: “I’ll give you a kiss.”
If this is true is he promoting sexual harassment? And for that matter, is Dowd?

Do either of them believe this kind of behavior will win Obama votes? Have Dowd and Obama forgotten the lessons learned from the whole Dan Quayle thing -- that women will NOT vote for someone just because Republican consultants think he is too cute for women to resist?

I will say this ... if Obama ever suggested that he would give me a kiss for my vote I'd suggest that he "kiss my ass!"

No comments:

Post a Comment