Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

Holy Pope ... Coming to DC

And just in time for my birthday! Pope Benedict XVI will be here April 15-18. It's the first papal visit to the area since 1979.

I wonder if there is any chance I could get a ride in the Popemobile? Hey, it's cool! Take a look for yourself, if you don't believe me:

And for a bird's eye view ... how cool is this!

But I do wonder what kind of gas mileage it gets. It isn't very aerodynamic, but then I doubt he ever takes it on the interstate.

Before we close, there is one more picture I must share. It's for my good friend Tengrain, who has been a little under the weather lately. Ten, this one's for you ...

I hope you are feeling better soon!

UPDATE: I've just learned that the Pope and I share a birthday. He will be 81 on Wednesday, while I will be a mere 55. Gee, do you think this will make it any more likely that I would be invited to take a spin around Washington in the Popemobile? Yeah, I don't think so either ... ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment