Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

random thanks


It's a very random Saturday and I decided to choose a picture that exemplifies the concept. Summer 2006 we had a western road trip and stopped at the Devil's Tower monument. This monolith rises out of nowhere and gives a very "what the...?" moment. Now I realize there's geological, blah, blah reasons, but I kinda like the idea of a higher being saying "Hmm, I've got this thing and I'm not sure where to put it." Closed eyes, finger points to a map - yeah, in the middle of Wyoming. That's cool.
More random thoughts - I've got errands to run today that are annoyingly unorganized and rather than a clean circular route, I'll be crisscrossing Bedford and sitting at the stupid light at Harwood and Brown Trail multiple times.
But, I can sit at the traffic light and contemplate D-Day - 65th Anniversary. I've never been to Normandy Beach, France but it is on my list of places to see one day. I salute all soldiers and give a special shout out to my Uncle Bill (now age 90) who fought in WWII.
I can't begin to write of my gratitude for freedoms. What can I say? I can just fart around today, jot a poem, think up a haiku, read, and relax...... and yeah, be totally random. I'll just say
Thank you
Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment