Pages

Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Chrysalis update

Well, not much change on the chrysalis so far. This is the Day 5 photo:
Looks much the same as the Day 1 photo, only there's more water in the can today, which I suppose serves to stifle the cancer-causing toxins which might be wafting into our little butterfly's thorax.

It's difficult to see here, but there's this little line of gold dots there toward the upper part of the chrysalis. It's quite beautiful.

Speaking of bad images, I've learned from Kat that my birthday surprise, a Nikon CP4800, is on the way! Boy, am I pumped. She says she won't allow me to use it until next Friday, but I'm hoping she'll break down under the force of my whimpering.

I've just been googling "monarch chrysalis" and have found a series of photos detailing the whole process of caterpillar changing into pupal stage that I obviously missed. I can't be 100% sure that my chrysalis is a monarch, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I wish I could call in sick for the next week or so to watch the metamorphosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment