Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Lieberman freaking out about Lamont

Daily Kos is reporting that Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman is "freaking out" about primary challenger Ned Lamont. It appears Lamont has promised to spend 7-figures of his own money on the primary race, and will possibly receive support from MoveOn.org. All this could spell trouble for Lieberman -- who would find himself in the 'Democrat-lite' category.

Connecticut Local Politics blog has a short Q&A with Ned Lamont, where he says:

"I believe that we as the Democratic party should and I as a senator would push back against some terrible policies, starting with the wrong headed invasion of Iraq and ill-advised tax cuts, and stand up forcefully for a Democratic agenda, which includes healthcare reform, education reform, and energy conservation. The Senator can speak for himself; I would oppose the nomination of Judge Alito since he jeopardizes a woman's right to choose, I would oppose education vouchers since they undermine our commitment to our public school system, I would have strongly opposed federal intervention in the Terri Shiavo case, I would have pushed for energy conservation and bio fuels as a better alternative than the liquefied natural gas plant in LI Sound; I would oppose diverting social security taxes into private accounts, and I would replace American troops on the front lines in Iraq with Iraqi troops as the first step towards bringing our troops home."

Go to DailyKos.com for the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment