Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Pinch me, I must be dreaming!

The plot thickens in Plamegate

I was once told the reason I get along so well with gay men is because I know show tunes. Well, the lyrics that came to mind as I read Michael Tomasky's story online in The American Prospect were: Could it be, yes it could, somethings coming, something good, if I can wait. . .

Tomasky had me at hello, when he opened his piece with: "Think it’s fair to say that the combination Sunday of the Walter Pincus-Jim VandeHei piece in The Washington Post and George Stephanopoulos’ bombshell on television’s This Week felt like a tug on the noose around the White House’s neck?"

From his lips to God's ear!

Part of an administration that has benefited from tragedy (well, until Bush met Katrina) I had decided that Karl Rove must be the luckiest man alive. The one, two and then three punch of the Roberts nomination, Katrina, and Rita seemed to have knocked Plamegate off the media radar screen -- but it appears (thank goodness) I was wrong.

At some point, SOMEONE in this corrupt administration has got to pay a price for their actions. Someone needs to go directly to jail, no passing GO, and no collecting "no-bid" contracts.

No comments:

Post a Comment