Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mailbox Monday for 5/23/11


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme created by Marcia at The Printed Page and is being hosted all this month by Mari at Mari Reads.


I received an ARC of Jane Was Here by Sarah Kernochan from the publicist for review.


I received an ARC of The Honored Dead by Joseph Braude for an upcoming TLC Book Tour.


I bought a hardcover of Dracula by Bram Stoker, which is illustrated by Edward Gorey.  It also includes "Dracula's Guest" the short story that Bram Stoker wrote as an almost prologue to the novel.  It was on the bargain table at Barnes & Noble, so I couldn't pass it up.



I found hardcovers of Eragon by Christopher Paolini and Nerds Who Kill by Mark Richard Zubro at the Friends of the Library Book Store for only $1 a piece.




The wonderful Becke of The Mysterious Garden Muse, who is also the moderator of the Mystery Board for Barnes & Noble online book Clubs, unexpectedly sent me a few books.  Among them was a paperback of The Boomerang Clue by Agatha Christie.  I already own it by it's other title, Why Didn't They Ask Evan?, but you can never have too many Agatha Christie books around the house.  She also sent me a hardcover of Trent's Last Case by E.C. Bentley and a paperback of Ten Adventures of Father Brown by G.K. Chesterton.

No comments:

Post a Comment