Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mailbox Monday for 4/18/11


Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme created by Marcia at A Girl And Her Books and is being hosted all this month by Amy at Passages to the Past.


I received a hardcover of Rotters by Daniel Kraus from the publicist for review.  I know I've been on a YA ban but I think this may be the book to make me change my mind.


I received an ARC of Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff for an upcoming TLC Book Tour.


On a trip to Barnes & Noble I bought a paperback of Parker Pyne Investigates by Agatha Christie.  It's the next book in my Agatha Christie self challenge.


I found a book club hardcover of Messenger of Truth by Jacqueline Winspear for $1 at the Friends of the Library Book Store.



I rarely go to used bookstores, other than the one for the library system, but on a whim I stopped by one and picked up two paperbacks.  Thanks to Yvette at in so many words... (I love her blog by the way and I encourage everyone not familiar with it to go visit her) I discovered a new to me mystery writer, Mary Roberts Rinehart.  I also found out one of my favorite movies starring Vincent Price and Agnes Moorehead, "The Bat", was based off of one of her books.  Luckily for me I found a paperback of The Bat at the bookstore for $3 so I grabbed it up.  They had a lot of her books, so I'm sure I'll go back for more.  I also picked up a paperback of The Case of the Dangerous Dowager by Erle Stanley Gardner for $1.


Last but not least, Target had season 5 of "Supernatural" on sale for $19.99 and since I missed the entire season I had to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment