Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Looks like Dems are going to take the House AND Senate

It's almost 4 am and I can't seem to stop watching the election results. In all fairness, I've been looking forward to this night for months now. As I prepare to turn out the lights it's looking more and more like the Democrats, who took the House hours ago, are poised to take the Senate as well! It's a clear message to the Bush/Cheney/Rove machine that Americans do NOT want to "stay the course."

In other good news -- the draconian ban on abortion is going down in defeat in South Dakota, and the Show Me State of Missouri has said yes to stem cell research.


And finally, some of my good NOW friends are winners in state and county elections. Congratulations to Sue, in my home state of Indiana, and to Duchy, in my new home state of Maryland!

No comments:

Post a Comment