Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2006

Weekend round-up ...

The folks at Crooks and Liars were watching the same television programs I was this weekend. Here is a brief round-up of what we both saw:

General Zinni "I was hearing a depiction of the intelligence that didn't fit what I knew."

Gen. Zinni was the second guest on "Meet the Press," today and was very powerful in his observations in the run up to the war, Rumsfeld, Cheney and Bush's loyalty to his people rather than to their performance which has been appalling by his standards. Russert let him give uninterrupted answers to his questions.

Zinni: ...I heard the case being built to go to war right away- I was hearing a depiction of the intelligence that didn't fit what I knew. There was no solid proof that I ever saw that Saddam had WMD....
______________________________

John McCain just loves Falwell now


John McCain, joined Tim Russert, on MTP this morning and was challenged on a number of issue including his new found affection for Jerry Falwell.

Russert: Do you believe that Jerry Falwell is still an agent of intolerance?
McCain: No, I don't. I think that Jerry Falwell can explain how his views on this program when you have him on.


Russert actually questioned McCain pretty hard in the segment pointing out all his recent flip flops and showed that he is no longer the "maverick" that he's been portrayed to be. Russert, used Pinkerton's quote calling him a: "born-again Bushophile" to describe his relationship with the President now. McCain left the interview with this to say:

McCain: I haven't had so much fun since my last interrogation.

______________________________

Dana Rohrabacher stumped on those seven minutes

One of Bill Maher's pet peeves is "the infamous seven minutes," that Bush sat frozen in the school after being notified by Andy Card that the nation was under attack.

On Real Time Friday night, Maher asked Rep. Dana Rohrabacher-if he wouldn't have criticized Bill Clinton for doing the same thing. Dana was paralyzed and left speechless. Question answered.

Visit Crooks and Liars to see the videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment